Agile taboo is very quick game, that arouse curiosity about Scrum event, methods and celebrations.
I’ve played it for the first time with Barry Overeem on ABE 2017 in Warsaw. Game presented by him was slightly different and can be found on Barry Blog.
You need to prepare cards with some words, which will be guessed by players. You don’t need to stick with Scrum connected ones. Feel free to include some Kanban or Waterfall terms aswell just to make game harder. Here you can download Scrum set: Scrum taboo list of words
Game is very easy, and can be easily held after Daily.
- Give first player card and start counter.
- Player have 30 seconds to word written on card to other players.
- Player can toss card to “I don’t know it” stack and take next card.
- Taking next card do not extend 30 seconds time.
- If any other player guess correctly, then we give player a point and continue with next player.
After the game
Player with most points after couple of iterations is winner and receives cookie. Moreover whole team should go through “I don’t know it stack” and clarif all words.